Finished Planes

Here's a quick update... I finished up the Su-7 and MiG-23. Both are Heroics and Ros models. Once they were done, I decided that I really need to get some insignia on their wings and vertical surfaces. Being too impatient to order decals, I decided to have a go at free-handing the red and white checker pattern. Seemed simple enough. I pulled out the Frogfoot too, with it's sad little unadorned wings.

Here's how they turned out.



I'm happy with the results. The red and white certainly adds some badly needed color and "spark" to the otherwise very drab colors. Whenever my Dutch F-16 shows up, I'll probably have a go at it's roundels too. You probably noticed that the two new planes' pegs are a lot shorter than the Su-25's. The shorter pegs are a lot more stable - broken flight stands are just the worst.

Have a good weekend, I'll be driving a starship tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts