Happy Thanksgiving!

It is Thanksgiving here in the US of A - the last Thursday of November when we all express our gratitude for the blessings in our lives. Well that and get fat off turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes and whatever else is on the table. I've taken the entire week off work and have been enjoying it quite a bit. I've gotten lots of painting done, a couple of lingering projects knocked out, and generally enjoyed myself. I got a shiny in the mail yesterday:

Its a copy of the 37-year old Metagaming pocket game Rivets. Rivets was the first wargame I ever saw. I'm not sure how I ended up with it back in '78 or '79 when I was a mere pup but I remember pushing the pieces around on the map and drawing pictures of the Boppers. I doubt I ever played it as intended but it is one of those things that's always stuck with me. I found it on Amazon for a mere $10. Mint condition, still in the original baggie. Well, I didn't buy it to admire it and the game was pulled from its baggie in short order; it'll get played soon enough.

For what it's worth, miniaturemarket.com is having a sale right now - they've got some stuff marked down 80%! I ordered about $75 worth Dystopian Wars stuff yesterday for a mere $14.


The bunker was a throw-in. It was only $5.00. It'll be fun to annoy people with. What it lacks in mobility it makes up for in toughness. I'd been eying the walking airfield for a while but the price always kept me away. The French small planes were $2.00 - they've been on the list a while but I knew I could always use my Japanese or Prussians as proxies so I wasn't in much rush.

Have a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts