2015 - The Gaming Year That Was

Another year in the books. 2015 has some great gaming memories for me and will be tough to top next year. I've tried out a few new games this year and done a TON of painting. I even managed some scenery construction. So, let me see what I've done hobby-wise:

Table-Top Games Played
1. Anima Tactics
2. X-Wing
3. StarDust
4. StarDust: Ground
5. Dystopian Wars
6. Star Fleet Battles
7. HOTT
8. Megablitz
9. AK47 Republic
10. GHQ Micro Armor Modern and WW2
11. Check Your 6! Jet Age
12. Blue Sky Red Sun
13. Starfire
14. Strike Legion: Planetary Ops
15. Maurice
16. Firestorm Armada
17. Shipwreck
18. Flames of War Vietnam and WW2
19. Relic Knights
20. StarDust: Magic
21. Sabre Squadron
22. All Quiet on the Martian Front
23. Rate of Fire
24. Untitled 6mm Sci Fi Homebrew
25. Frostgrave
26. Harpoon

Not shabby! That's 26 rule sets over 52 weeks. I'm sad and surprised that Modern Spearhead didn't make the list. I'll have to rectify that next year. I can't think of any other games that I wish I had played but didn't.

It's tough to pick "fondest" memories of the gaming year, but a handful stick out...

     - Gnomecon 4. My wife and kids joined me this year and we all had a fantastic time. My game StarDust: Ground was well-liked which was a big thrill for me.

     - Tanksgiving at Mike's place in November. It was simply a great time. Who knew that Flames of War was an enjoyable game when it was played 4 v 4?

     - The monthly trips to Brunswick for SFB. It's sooo damn fun.

I managed to recycle a lot of minis this year; I repainted my Dystopian Wars Blazing Suns fleet and pulled out some old GW and other fantasy orks this weekend to overhaul for Frostgrave. That said, I had a LOT of additions to the collection too! I'm feeling good about keeping the lead molehill small. No mountains here! I also have not paid full retail or anything close to it for any of my DW or FSA purchases this year. Heck, the DW French have either been gifts or 40% off or more every time I've added something.

While my StarDust games are still works in progress, they are very solid and will get some play in the months ahead. SD:G will certainly make an appearance at Gnomecon 5. The Robot Army will get some play and I'll get some artillery called in!

So what do I want to change in 2016?

The Definitive List of What I Should Do 2016
Play Maurice
Play Modern Spearhead
Play Sabre Squadron
Make More Terrain
Playtest More SD and SDG and FINALIZE THE DAMN RULEBOOKS

Where I Should Cut Back
1/3000, 3mm, 6mm, 15mm, 20mm and 28mm Purchases (I think that's all of 'em)
FSA / DW Purchases
Impluse minis just because I want to paint them  or they are on sale (a major issue)

2015 has been great year for me and my family - I hope next year is equally great. I hope the new year is wonderful to you all as well.

Comments

  1. Glad to hear it has been a good year for you and your family. More power to your elbow, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, Ski! This is a great idea to put the year in review like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got dibs on Star Dust Ground Robots!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts